Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year and Big Changes

Well, I'm a working woman again after seven long years. I am a preschool teacher, and it's just five minutes away from home. Downfall? It's a poorly run daycare, and I don't know how long I'm going to be able to last. Supplies are scarce, the kids are unruly, they're short-staffed more times than not, and well, really, the list could go on and on. I'm also getting paid minimum wage. Why am I working there, you might wonder? It's close to home, and I know that I don't really have to stay if it gets bad enough. I really wanted to be a good influence on the kids, give them a positive learning environment in the midst of chaos. I'll try my best, and it will be nice to have some extra money in the bank. Bills to pay, things to buy...we'll see how it goes. In the mean time, I'm going to be very very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment